El Dorado Hops (oz)
El Dorado Hops (oz):
El Dorado is a dual-purpose variety with outstanding aroma and very high alpha acids. You will get candy, tropical fruit, pear, watermelon, and cherry notes.
- Alpha Acids: 15.2%
- Beta Acids: NA
- Dual Purpose Variety with candy, tropical fruit, pear, watermelon, and cherry notes
- Typical brewing styles: American-style Pale Ale, IPA
- Used for aroma, bittering, and dry hopping
- Possible substitutions: NA
- Origin: US
Product ReviewsWrite Review
Posted by Nick on 27th May 2016
The best way to describe this hop is sweet and candy like. I did a lot of research on this hop before using it and I'd like to recommend the following:
1. Don't use a lot of crystal malts as this hop packs a lot of sweetness. In fact I only used a small amount of 80 just to add a touch of colour
2. I added sugar to the boil to help dry this beer out cuz, like I said this hop is ridiculously sweet.
3. Try blending it with another hop, I used a small amount of mosaic and I think it helped add some depth to this.
I've only just moved this beer to secondary and have only tried a small amount of it but so far I quiet enjoy it. I made a 7% IPL and I used the saflager yeast to add some crispness to it and fermented it at 65 degrees. When I moved it to secondary I split the batch, half on some mango purée and half will be dry hopped with el dorado and mosaic. Can't wait to try them both!