Caramel Malt 10L - Briess
$3.63 per 454g (Sold in bulk)
Caramel 10L Malt - Briess
The Caramel malt is a roasted style malt wich gives candy-like sweetness and mild caramel flavors. This malt will add a golden hue to your beer.
Characteristics and Applications
- Caramel Malts are characterized by a glassy endosperm with varying degrees of sweet flavor ranging from light
caramel to toffee to burnt sugar. Typical color range of Caramel Malts is 10º to 120º Lovibond.
- A distinguishing characteristic of Caramel Malts is their ability to improve foam development and stability and
enhance viscosity due to non-fermentable structures they contribute to beer.
Suggested usage level
- 3-7% For balance in Pilsners
- 5-10% California Common Beer, Doppelbocks and Dark Lagers
- 5-15% Vienna, Marzen and Oktoberfest
- 10-15% Bitter Ales, Pale Ales, Mild Ales, Strong Ales and Belgian Ales
- 5-15% Certain styles of Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, Stouts and Porters
Need inspiration? Visit our recipes page.