$2.63 per 454g (Sold in bulk)
Rye Flakes have been produced specifically for brewing, developing characteristics necessary for easy and efficient use in a brewhouse. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains.
- Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- There is no need to mill Rye Flakes. However, they can be put through the mill if that is the easiest means of adding them to the mash.
- Rye Flakes contribute a very clean, distinctive rye flavor.
- Use up to 40% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist to create Rye Beer.
- Start at 5-10% and increase in increments of 5% because of the concentrated flavor of Rye Flakes.
Need inspiration? Visit our recipes page.