Copeaux de chêne français – 28g
Oak Chips (French) (oz):
French Oak Chips are given a medium toast to contribute distinct cinnamon and allspice notes to your beer. If you would like to imitate maturing your beer in an oak barrel without the expense then Oak Chips are exactly what you need.
- Roasted between 350 - 375 °F giving the oak chips a medium toast
- Praised for it's aromatic sweetness, full mouthfeel, cinnamon, and allspice characteristics
- Use 1-2oz per 5 gallon batch
- Boil in water then add both the chips and water to the fermenter
- Or, soak in alcohol such as whiskey, vodka etc to both sanitize and add character. Add the chips and alcohol to the fermenter