Lallemand (Danstar) Belle Saison Ale Yeast:
Danstar Belle Saison Ale Yeast is an ale yeast of Belgian origin selected for its ability to produce great Saison-style beer. The propagation and drying processes have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can be used simply and reliably to help produce ales of the finest quality. No colours, preservatives or other unnatural substances have been used in its preparation. The yeast is produced in ISO 9002-certified plants.
• Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 17°C (63°F). High attenuation and high alcohol tolerance.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort.
• Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass.
• Saison beers are quite unique to brew. During fermentation, cooling is not normally used, allowing temperature of fermentation to increase.
• Aroma is fruity, spicy and peppery due to ester and phenol production, and does not display undesirable odours when properly handled.
Product ReviewsWrite Review
Great Saison Yeast
Posted by Unknown on 17th Apr 2017
I used this yeast to produce a lovely saison. I simply rehydrated it, and in five days, it got the beer down to 1.008 from 1.052.uf
Great no fuss saison yeast.
Posted by Phil on 26th May 2016
This yeast produces a great saison, it has a really peppery profile and it has great attenuation at temp ranges from 66 - 75 in my experience
Posted by Scott on 28th Apr 2015
2nd saison with this yeast. Tastes great. great attenuation and no starter needed.