The Complete Joy of Homebrewing 4th Edition
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing 4th Edition:
The homebrewer's bible - everything you need to know to brew beer at home from start to finish, including new recipes, updated charts on hop varieties, secrets to fermentation, beer kit tips, and more—from the master of homebrewing.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing is the essential guide to understanding and making a full range of beer styles, including ales, lagers, stouts, pilseners, dubbels, tripels, and homerun specialty beers and meads. Everything to get started is here: the basics of building a home brewery, world-class proven recipes, easy-to-follow brewing instructions, and the latest insights in the art and science of brewing. Master brewer Charlie Papazian also explains the history and lore of beer, reveals the technology behind brewing, and shares countless tips on how to create your own original ales and lagers.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
- An expanded and updated Beer Styles and Homebrew Recipe Formulation chart with easy-to-understand descriptions of key flavor and aroma characters
- Ingredient information for fifty-three beer styles
- A list of more than seventy-five beer types describing strength, hop aroma, bitterness, flavor, color, sweetness, and alcohol percentage
- Expanded chart on sixty-eight hop varieties, descriptions, and uses
- Eighty brand-new and revised favorite beer and mead recipes
- Beer kit tips
- Key information about using and understanding hops
- Revealing reasons why homebrew is the best . . . and much more!
Product ReviewsWrite Review
Posted by Lucy on 7th May 2015
There are not many great books about making beer at home, especially if you are starting up. This is one out of three must haves. It has all of the information you need, with many DYI ideas . Easy to navigate and understand . Soft cover Paperback, with glue binding. The first edition was published in 2003, some of the illustrations are bit dated.
(The other two books are: Mastering Homebrew is excellent, detailed textbook, and if you are a woman, Brew better Beer, is written in a style of a cookbook, easy to follow and understand)