Briess Torrified Wheat
Briess Torrified Wheat:
Torrified Wheat or Insta Grains® Soft Red Wheat Whole Kernel has been heat treated to break the cellular structure, allowing more rapid hydration and malt enzymes to more completely attack the starches and protein.
- Torrified Wheat can be used in place of raw wheat when making Belgian-style White and Wit beers.
- Advantages over raw wheat include normal conversion time and higher yield.
- Mill medium coarse.
- Add to the mash along with the malt and mash as usual.
- To increase lautering time, include a small amount of rice hulls.
- Can be used up to 40% of the total grist bill.