Briess Flaked Red Wheat (LB)
Briess Flaked Red Wheat (LB):
Briess Red Wheat Flakes have been produced specifically for brewing. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains.
- Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- There is no need to mill Red Wheat Flakes. However, they can be put through the mill if that is the easiest means of adding them to the mash.
- Pregelatinized Red Wheat Flakes can be used in place of Wheat Malt to make Wheat Beer. Flakes will yield a different flavor profile than Wheat Malt.
- Use in the production of Belgian Wit Beers
- Use up to 40% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist
- Use 0.5-1.0% to a standard brew to increase foam stability.